Warehouse design underpins your facility whether it is new or existing, small or large, a storage facility, a distribution centre, an e-fulfilment centre or all three. The starting point for warehouse design is your operation.
Your operation is key to the design of the building, the internal fit out and even the external environment. The LPC approach to warehouse design therefore starts with
“Doing What You Do Better”
Our warehouse design service therefore starts with answering the questions:
- How do we maximise space utilisation and efficiency
- How do we improve material flows and people and vehicle movement
- How do we improve productivity and lower cost
- How do we expand capacity and increase throughput
Answering these questions must take account of the circumstances. Whether we are dealing with an existing building, an extension or a new build, we need to take into account the constraints. These could be existing walls and columns, or the business case and financial considerations. Whatever they are LPC has the experience and expertise to look at the potential options and optimise a solution to them.
LPC can help whatever the type and scale of the project from a new build concept to completion to a Re-engineering of an existing operation to a consultancy support and design service to smaller scale operations
A significant proportion of LPC International’s work is warehouse design. In this technological era it is not unusual for businesses to be compromised by poor warehouse performance. These may be retail distribution warehouses, e-fulfilment centres, or engineering parts or spares stores. In any situation, failed or late deliveries and delivery of wrong goods contribute to dissatisfied customers and additional costs.
LPC International’s solutions are cost-effective and planned to the highest standards. The practice strength is to understand fully client business and match it to warehouse requirements.
“Concept to Completion”
The team’s ‘concept to completion’ approach to warehouse design solutions can incorporate the latest technology such as fixed path stacker cranes, multi-tier ‘pick-to-belt’ order picking silos, automatic sortation systems, automated guided vehicles, advanced storage systems, radio data terminals, scanning, pick-to-light, put-to-light and voice order picking systems.
- In addition, LPC International can help clients to re-engineer existing facilities, to increase storage capacity and product range capability, improve productivity, map existing processes, install new work procedures and warehouse management systems and importantly, reduce costs.
- The practice has extensive experience of inviting equipment suppliers to tender, tender adjudication and supplier selection. Assistance with outsourcing decisions can include contract specification design, writing invitations to tender, tender evaluation, contract negotiation and implementation.
- LPC International is often retained to work as the client representative within a design and construction team – and during the fitting out, equipping and commissioning phases of a new distribution centre. This ensures that the end user requirements are fully met on time, within budget and strictly according to specification.
Re-engineering of Existing
LPC International can help clients to re-engineer existing facilities, to increase storage capacity and product range capability, improve productivity, map existing processes, install new work procedures and warehouse management systems and importantly, reduce costs.
It is often the case that the life of an old facility can be and sometimes needs to be extended to allow a new facility to be acquired. LPC can help squeeze a little more throughput out of the facility or increase storage capabilities. Sometimes with the right equipment, processes and material flows a move is not needed.
Consultancy Support and Design
A smaller operation will still encounter many of the issues and problems of a larger operation. Alternatively a company may want to improve the knowledge and capability of their operational team.
LPC can provide consultancy support to improve the warehouse layout and operation by working on site with the warehouse manager and others. A senior consultant will audit the operation and facility advising on the options for everything logistically or operationally related and work with you to produce the solution to your problems, and opportunities!