LPC use a number of software tools to demonstrate, simulate and model their designs. Real time modelling allows clients an overview of the proposed operation in the concept design phase and allows LPC an ability to confirm the capacities and improve the resilience of proposed systems. The use of these tools allows for the:
- Proving and refining design concepts.
- Testing what if scenarios.
- Identification of potential bottlenecks.
- Sizing of space and storage requirements.
- Determination of labour and MHE requirements.
- Provision of” fly throughs” to demonstrate visualisation of the operation.
It is important to build flexibility into a design to allow for future developments and changes. The models LPC build are used to test the boundaries of the performance of the proposed concept and thereby assess its flexibility and resilience.
An added benefit of the modelling is that the models can be run in real time and using 3D graphics can provide movie files that enable the concept to be demonstrated to the operational team.
Store Delivery Route DC Flyover
Fly Through: Store delivery vehicle routing around a DC from Gatehouse to Gatehouse.
Description: Demonstrate the separate routing of store delivery vehicles arriving back at the DC visiting the derv island, vehicle wash and Resource Recovery Unit prior to loading for the next delivery.